Our Business School has a rich history and it’s the Centre within the University of Extremadura that has grown the most, not only quantitatively but also with regards to the number of students. Our Centre has increased its figures from 1,255 students in 1991, to 3,574 students this academic year. This last figure represents 15% of all the students in our University.
Students can choose from three different first Degree programs, designed according to the new structures for the university education under the will of the European States, to create a single European Higher Education Space. This Space signifies the convergence under the field of education within Europe.
Furthermore, our Centre offers three double-first Degree programs and four post-graduate qualifications (Master’s Degrees).
In addition, a new project has begun in which some subjects are being lectured in English. The purpose of this project is not only lecturing various subjects within the current Degree programs through the medium of English, but also to create an Administration and Business Management Degree that would be taught exclusively in English.
– Degree in Administration and Business Management: Is meant for those whose job prospects are geared towards self-employment, starting up their own businesses, or fulfilling a medium/high management position in the public or private sector, where taking business decisions would be essential.
– Degree in Economics:
Trains professionals that will be capable of managing the available resources and ensuring their best use and correct distribution, administration and management inside the enterprises, as well as raising the standards of living, progress and social welfare.
This Degree not only provides a technical background, but also boosts team work and communication skills.
– Degree in Labour Relations and Manpower (Labour Sciences): Since it’s launch, this Degree has been defined by the different perspectives and analysis from which it studies the labour situation. This is shown by the wide range of knowledge areas involved in this degree, ranging from legal and economic areas to areas of enterprise, psychology, sociology, history, …
Double-first Degrees allow students to obtain two first Degrees at the same time. Students must study many subjects in each academic year. In these cases, the curriculum lasts for 5 years instead of 4 like in a single first degree.
Once the students have finished a double-first degree, he/she obtains two diplomas, wherein the two Degrees in the double-first Degree are certified.
In general, First Degrees have 10 subjects per year, while double-first Degrees have 10 subjects during the first academic year but 12 subjects during the other 4 years.
– Administration and Business Management – Law:
As well as proficiency in Administration and Business Management skills, this double-first Degree provides students with a juridical profile. Students acquire basic skills about Public and Private Law. As professionals, they will be capable of performing legal advice tasks in private companies. They can also concur to different competitions (notary, registry offices, judicature, prosecution, county clerks, administrative attorneys, …).
This Degree also allows students to freely exercise a liberal profession (law, procures, private administrative agencies, …) as well as giving them basic knowledge in research and methodology inside the legal sphere.
– Administration and Business Management – Economics: Provides proficiency both in Administration and Business Management and Economics skills.
– Administration and Business Management – Labour Relations and Manpower: Provides proficiency both in Administration and Business Management and Labour Relations and Manpower skills.
Post-graduates’ qualifications (Master’s Degrees).
– University Master’s Degree in Economics, Management and International Trade: Provides the students with the basic skills to investigate in Economics, Management and International Trade areas.
It’s the prior step to writing the doctoral Thesis, providing access to the UEx PhD programs.
– University Research Master’s Degree in Social and Legal Sciences (Economics, Labour and Entrepreneurship): Provides the students with the basic skills to do high value research.
It’s the prior step to writing the doctoral Thesis, providing access to the UEx PhD programs. This University Research Master’s Degree has been designed for graduates with a first university degree, or any equivalent officially-recognized qualification, always in the same branch of knowledge.
– University Master’s Degree in Enterprise Creation and Innovation: This Master’s Degree is the answer to the regional aims of achieving a transformation of the production model, stressing innovation and enterprise creation, to obtain high value added goods and services.
– University Master’s Degree in Marketing Management: This Master’s Degree is designed for those who search for an advanced training in marketing management and market research, to carry out jobs connected with the commercial function and/or market research, or even to develop an entrepreneurial project.
Students may specialize in one of the three branches offered: Communication, Marketing Applications and Trade/Sales.
Lecturing in English.
The project initiated by our School allows students to study some subjects of their Degree through the medium of English. The idea is to expand the program until the ultimate goal is reached: to offer a whole Degree in English.
A module consisting of nine subjects taught exclusively in English will be offered this next academic year (2017-2018):
- Labour Economics: 6ECTS (Autumn)
- Microeconomics: 6ECTS (Autumn)
- Statistics and Introduction to Econometrics: 6ECTS (Autumn)
- Marketing management II: 6ECTS (Autumn)
- Commercial Law: 6ECTS (Autumn)
- Human Resources Management: 6ECTS (Autumn)
- Financial Accounting, I: 6ECTS (Spring)
- Spanish and World Economy: 6ECTS (Spring)
- Macroeconomics: 6ECTS (Spring)
||PhD Julián Ramajo Hernández
Phone: 924 28 93 64 – Office number: 137
||PhD María del Carmen Pineda González
Phone: 89153 – 89511 – Office number: 133
||PhD Francisco Manuel Parejo Moruno
Phone: 89103 – 89172 – Office number: 135
||PhD Patricia Milanés Montero
Phone: 86881 – 89150 – Office number: 128
||PhD Luis Marín Hita
Phone: 86509 – 89597 – Office number: 128
||PhD Pedro Rivero Nieto
Phone: 89667 – Office number: 55
||PhD Edilberto José Rodríguez Rivero
Phone: 89152 – Office number: 130
||Mr Juan Cuevas Rodríguez
Phone: 924 289518 – Administrative Secretariat
- Instituto de Lenguas Modernas (ILM) – Pedagogical Institute of Foreign Languages.
- Instituto de Español como Lengua Extranjera (IELE) – Pedagogical Institute of Spanish as a foreign language.
- Servicio de Bibliotecas – Library service.
- Unidad de Atención al Estudiante (UAE) – Student Support Service.
- Sección de Información y Atención Administrativa (SIAA)
- Information and Administrative service sections.
- Servicio de Actividades culturales – Cultural Events Service
- Oficina del Defensor Universitario – University Defence Office.
- Secretariado de Relaciones Internacionales – International Relations Secretariat.
- Consejo de Estudiantes – Student Council. • Servicio de Actividad Física y Deporte (SAFYDE) – Physical Activity and Sport Service.