Our Business School has a rich history and it’s the Center, inside Extremadura University, that has grow the most, not only quantitatively but also speaking about the percentage inside the whole University: our Center has increased its figures from 1,255 students, in 1991, to 3,574 students this academic year. This last figure means 15% of all students in our University.
Students can choose among three first Degree programs, designed according to the new estructures for the university education under the will of European States to create a single European Higher Education Space. This Space means the convergence under the field of education within Europe.
Besides, our Center offers three double-first Degree programs and four post-graduates qualifications (Master’s Degrees).
A project based in lecturing in English has also begun. The purpose is, not only lecturing some subjects in English inside the current Degrees, but also to create an Administration and Business Management Degree that would be taught wholly in English.
||PhD Julián Ramajo Hernández
Phone: 924 28 93 64 – Office number: 137
||PhD María del Carmen Pineda González
Phone: 89153 – 89511 – Office number: 133
||PhD Francisco Manuel Parejo Moruno
Phone: 89103 – 89172 – Office number: 135
||PhD Patricia Milanés Montero
Phone: 86881 – 89150 – Office number: 128
||PhD Luis Marín Hita
Phone: 86509 – 89597 – Office number: 128
||PhD Pedro Rivero Nieto
Phone: 89667 – Office number: 55
||PhD Edilberto José Rodríguez Rivero
Phone: 89152 – Office number: 130
||Mr Juan Cuevas Rodríguez
Phone: 924 289518 – Administrative Secretariat
– Degree in Administration and Business Management: Is meant for those whose job prospects are geared towards self-employment, start up their own businesses or fulfill a medium/high management position, in the public or private sector, where taking business decisions would be essential.
– Degree in Economics: Trains professionals that will be capable of taking care of the available resources and ensure their best use and correct distribution, administration and management inside the enterprises, as well as raising the standards of living, progress and social welfare.
This Degree not only provides technical background, but also boosts team work and communication skills.
– Degree in Labour Relations and Manpower (Labour Sciences): Since its very beginning, this Degree has been defined by the different perspectives and analysis from which it studies the labour situation. It is shown by the wide range of knowledge areas involved in this degree, ranging from legal and economic areas to areas of enterprise, psychology, sociology, history,…
Double-first Degrees prepare the student to obtain two first Degrees at the same time. The student must attend a higher number of subjects every single academic year. The curriculum last, in these cases, 5 years instead of the 4 years that lasts a single first degree.
Once the student has finished a double-first degree, he/she obtains two diplomas, wherein the two Degrees in the double-first Degree are certified.
Regarding the number of subjects every year, first Degrees have, in general, 10 subjects per year, while double-first Degrees have 10 subjects the first academic year but 12 subjects all other 4 years.
– Administration and Business Management – Law: As well as proficiency in Administration and Business Management skills, this double-first Degree provides the student with a juridical profile. Students acquire basic skills about Public and Private Law. As professionals, they will be capable of perform legal advice tasks in private companies. They can also concur to different competitions (notary, registry offices, judicature, prosecution, county clerks, administrative attorneys,…).
This Degree also allows students to freely exercise a liberal profession (law, procuracy, private administrative agencies,…), as well as giving them basic knowledge in research and methodology inside the legal sphere.
– Administration and Business Management – Economics: Provides proficiency both in Administration and Business Management and Economics skills.
– Administration and Business Management – Labour Relations and Manpower: Provides proficiency both in Administration and Business Management and Labour Relations and Manpower skills.
Post-graduates qualifications (Master’s Degrees).
– University Master’s Degree in Economics, Management and International Trade: Provides the students with the basic skills to investigate in Economics, Management and International Trade areas.
It’s the prior step to write the doctoral Thesis, providing access to the UEx PhD programs.
– University Research Master’s Degree in Social and Legal Sciences (Economics, Labour and Entrepreneurship): Provides the students with the basic skills to do high value researches.
It’s the prior step to write the doctoral Thesis, providing access to the UEx PhD programs. This University Research Master’s Degree has been designed for graduates with a first university degree, or any equivalent officially-recognized qualification, always in the same branch of knowledge.
– University Master’s Degree in Enterprise Creation and Innovation: This Master’s Degree is the answer to the regional aims of achieving a transformation of the production model, stressing innovation and enterprise creation, to obtain high value added goods and services.
– University Master’s Degree in Marketing Management: This Master’s Degree is designed to those who search for an advanced training in marketing management and market research, to carry out jobs connected with the commercial function and/or market researches, or even to develop an entrepreneurial project.
Students may specialize in one of the three branches offered: Communication, Marketing Applications and Trade/Sales.
Lecturing in English.
The project begun by our School may allow students to take some subjects of their Degree in English. The idea is to make the offer gradually bigger until the ultimate goal is reached: to offer a whole Degree in English.
A module consisting of four subjects taught wholly in English has been launched this academic year, as part of the Double Degree in Administration and Business Management – Labour Relations and Manpower
- Labour Economics: 6ECTS (Autumn)
- Microeconomics: 6ECTS (Autumn)
- Statistics and Introduction to Econometrics: 6ECTS (Autumn)
- Marketing management II: 6ECTS (Autumn)
Some Services within UEx.
- Instituto de Lenguas Modernas (ILM) – Pedagogical Institute of Foreign Languages.
- Instituto de Español como Lengua Extranjera (IELE) – Pedagogical Institute of Spanish as a foreign language.
- Servicio de Bibliotecas – Library service.
- Unidad de Atención al Estudiante (UAE) – Student Support Service.
- Sección de Información y Atención Administrativa (SIAA)
- Information and Administrative service seccions.
- Servicio de Actividades culturales – Cultural Events Service
- Oficina del Defensor Universitario – University Defence Office.
- Secretariado de Relaciones Internacionales – International Relations Secretariat.
- Consejo de Estudiantes – Student Council. • Servicio de Actividad Física y Deporte (SAFYDE) – Physical Activity and Sport Service.